Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A yankee came to town

Now that we're in MD, NYC is only about a four hour car/bus ride away, so Cara can come visit us for just a weekend, no problem! And she did, a few weeks ago, and I won't get into the long story of how I came to be obsessed with the movie Grey Gardens and the Tony award winning musical that was spun from it (I'll just say the whole thing was kismet), but she came into town so that we could see a local production of it. It was excellent.

As soon as Cara walked in the door, Gus completely monopolized her. I barely got a word in edgewise. I thought it might bug Cara- seeing how she's single and without kids and all- but then I recalled that there's nothing Cara likes more in this world than an audience, and Gus is nothing if not a) easily entertained and b) an enthusiastic audience. So Cara got to do her schtick and Gus loved it all (except the wigs, we'll try that again next time). She also introduced him to Wall E- which he loved until the end when he cried and threw his spoon at the tv. Course, the next day he promptly asked to "watch the wobot moobie" so he couldn't have been that traumatized.


Playdoh



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she seems positively delightful. is there no gloom and doom that a sicilian yankee can't fix?

in these trying times, i feel that more people could use the charm of a sicilian yankee. bless you for opening your house to such a creature.