Why is Gus smiling?
He's smiling because he's wearing clothes. Real clothes. Daytime clothes. Not pajamas. And we didn't have to wrestle him while he's fighting us and screaming his head off like we're torturing him to get them on him. Recently, he's been much better about getting dressed. Like he doesn't go all Gollum on us "It burnsss us, it burnssss ussss" whenever we try to put clothes on him. It only took 4 months. Ever since we moved here it's been traumatic for us all to get Gus out of the house, so many days we just stayed home. All the pictures I've posted of Gus out of the house were prefaced by the horrible process of getting him dressed and out of the house. Once he was out of the house he was fabulous, but getting there was not fun. One morning when we woke up, Gus asked me"Where are we going today?" and I said "Nowhere, we're staying home all day long and we're not leaving the house to go anywhere" because I had decided that we were just finished going anywhere until he was at least a little accepting of the process. After I told Gus we were staying home, he said "Yaaaaaaaaay!" and then said "I'm so happy" and was in the best mood all day. Oh boy. So we stayed home for awhile. But it got better...slowly. And in the last few weeks we've been to the park a little when it was warm and also to the library twice, to Lowe's and Home Depot and the grocery store, and all those times it was no biggie getting him dressed, and sometimes he even got himself dressed, holy cow. So expect to see Gus in more 'real' clothes...though PJs or just underwear will always be de rigueur for Gus.
No comments:
Post a Comment