Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teri and Dane


Our friend Teri and her 2.5 month old son Dane visited us the weekend before last. We know Teri and her husband Eddie from our time in LA. Luckily for us they now live in Richmond and that's only about 1.45 mins from us. So Teri hopped on over here one Friday when Eddie was out of town for the Superbowl. Gus totally loved Dane and wanted to give Dane his bottle and play with him and swing him and take care of him and every thing else. We asked Gus if he wanted a brother or sister and he said he wanted a sister. We asked if Kailey wasn't his sister already and he said no, he's going to marry Kailey. Well, alrighty then!



This is Gus "reading" Teri a story. Until now he hadn't even wanted to "read" anyone a story even though I'd asked him many times if he wanted to read Tim or me a story, and he always said no. This time he said he wanted to read Teri a story. I mean, he volunteered, out of the blue! I was reeeeeeeeeally happy as Gus hasn't been that "into" reading until very recently. I mean, we read to him and he likes a couple of books before bed and he has a few favorites, but he hasn't really been book crazy until now. *Now* he wants to read an unlimited amount of books and read them all the time. I was wondering if he was going to be bitten by the book bug like I was and I'm now hoping that he has been. We've checked about 40 books out of the library in the past two weeks (and haven't returned any of them) and we read them all day long.

Gus read her Mouse Paint- a book that my mom bought for him when we went to the museum.


I wish I had a better picture of Dane because he is about the cutest thing ever. He's so snuggly, I could just hug him and squeeze him and pet him and love him. Gus could have, too. Gus was pretty much obsessed with caring for him the entire time they visited and he talked about him for days after they left.


Gus had to take a picture and this is it. He's becoming more obsessed with photography but luckily his aim is improving. I mean it's improving, but not in this pic.

No comments: