Friday, February 20, 2009

Cousin Patrice visits

Last weekend Patrice came for a visit (Patrice is Tim's cousin Forrest's wife). She was in DC for work and was able to stay with us Friday and Saturday night and most of Sunday. She was kind enough to spend much of the weekend with Gus so that we could accomplish a few things and also so we could go out on Saturday for Valentine's Day. When she first emailed me in January about visiting and with the suggestion that she could watch Gus so that Tim and I could have some alone time, it was still close to when mine and Tim's mom had visited, so I told her that it would be great if we could all just spend some time together because we don't get to see her enough. But by the time she actually got here, Mom and Janie's visit had worn off and I told her that I'd take her up on the offer since Tim and I hadn't had a conversation that lasted more than 1 minute without being interrupted. Initially we were going to go see a movie, but we got there and the line was long and so we (I) decided that we were going to do something where we could actually have a conversation, so we walked around the mall. The mall is not my favorite place in the world, but it's very close to us and we got to hang out so that was enough for me. Then we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant in downtown Rockville that wasn't very good but we still had fun. Then we got to hang out with Patrice after Gus went to bed, so I guess we got the best of everything. And Sunday night before we took her to the metro, we went out to eat at another restaurant so we felt cool. Woot! Thanks for the great weekend, Patrice!

Playing memory.

Eating the leftover pasta from dinner.

Opening the V-Day cards from Boppy and GG. (Tim's mom and Grandmother)

Patrice must have read 50 books to Gus (or maybe just the same 20 more than twice)

After I took the picture of Gus and Patrice, Gus had to take one, the above is the result. He pretty much always has to take a picture now if I take one. I guess I really have to get him a camera (an el cheapo one).

No comments: