Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gus's 4th birthday

We had Gus's birthday last weekend and it went well. It was a very chilled affair and we just had a few friends over. It was extremely last minute and I debated having anything at all since he had a party at school, but Gus wanted to do something so we did. I took pics of the school party but my memory card went kaput and the pics are lost. Bummer.


I made this cake. Now I know what people mean when they say "The piping is what takes so long". That stuff takes for forever to do (piping = outlines, which I was previously unaware of). And apparently, it is possible to make black icing. I didn't really finish the cake, but it was finished enough. Gus looooooves some Wall E. Cara introduced him to the movie when we first moved here- which totally traumatized her- because he got so upset when he watched it the first time that he yelled "THAT MAKES ME SAD" and ran around the island then threw his spoon at the tv (or maybe he threw his spoon first, then ran around, I don't remember). Anywho, he still said he loved it and wanted to watch it again right away and now it's probably his favorite movie. Cara is still traumatized, however.

Tim got his promotion YAY! But that's not why I have a picture of this cake. I have it because this is a Cake Love cake. It's called My Downfall. What is a Cake Love cake you might ask? Only one of the reasons that God has so kindly given us for living. Could be the best food ever- we also got one of the strawberries and cream, a teeny one. I don't even really dig cake but OMG this cake is awesome. In all honesty, I think half the reason we had a birthday for Gus was so we could get a cake made with love. Not that Duncan Hines isn't great, but from here on out, any person that comes to visit us will probably serve as a reason to buy a Cake Love cake- there's a Cake Love store right down from Tim's work. May God bless Warren Brown.

Gus told me to take a picture "right when I twap (clap...still no C's or L')".




After the party was over, Gus's friend Liam and his mom and dad stayed the rest of the day with us. It was a great day.


*ok, the pictures didn't resize and I have no idea why, but next time I promise they'll be easily clickable. Sorry!

2 comments:

The Future Mrs. Marino said...

I cannot believe you made a Wall*E cake!! Who knew my influence was so far-reaching? I can't wait until Gus starts wearing fake mustaches and gag eyes. Happy Birthday Gussie!

Unknown said...

He totally looks like you in hat with pom-poms. He's so cute. Big 4 yr old Gus.