
Here's the cake I made for the party. All I could find at the grocery were Thomas train cakes and while Gus likes Thomas well enough it's not totally his thing so I just wanted a generic train cake. It turned out not-half-bad considering it was maybe the 2 second cake I'd made in my entire life and I had no clue what I was doing. Tips from Janie helped me - thanks Janie! She's the cake making queen. I had to call her like 4 times to ask her questions. It's supposed to be a train though it looks sorta like a truck.

Katherine's husband JR's work has this inflatable bouncy thing so that was the main attraction at the party- though half the kids spent a lot of time digging in the sand and playing in the water table which is usually what they do when they come over. I guess when we move to Maryland I'll have to buy or build a sand box.

When we move, I'm really going to miss our huge back yard. All our friends, too :(
Three candles (plus one to grow on). All Gus wanted all day long was cake. Period.

Here are Gus and Kailey playing with all the presents Gus received. He got the absolute greatest things from everyone. We had gift bags for everyone and a pinata to fill the bags with candy, but I'm an airhead so we totally forgot about them both until after everyone had left. Der! So this Sunday we're all going to meet in the park and bust up the pinata and all play together one last time before we move. Katherine and I are at mom's now with the kids then we have the yard sale on Saturday, then the park on Sunday, then I think the packers come to pack us on Monday. That's the plan so far and as I know it. I think. For now.
No comments:
Post a Comment