and pretty much unpacked. The move went fine though Gus has had some not unexpected adjustment issues (like he's stuck to me like white on rice as in I can't even leave the room without him, though that's slowly improving).
We went trick or treating with a neighbor and her son and Gus had big fun. I couldn't get him to wear a costume though he did wear clothes with long sleeves and long pants so I was glad about that (another issue, I can barely get him into clothes much less cool weather ones, he just wants to run around in PJs or underwear all day and not leave the house, though that's getting better, too).
We have friends coming for visits which is very exciting! We have people practically back to back starting on the 15th; first Brandy, then Ilka and her family, then Katherine and Kailey, then my mom for Christmas. We haven't done any of the interesting things there are to do here and I expect we'll get to do lots of it when these folks come for a visit. I think it will make Gus feel much better to see familiar people. I know I'm super excited to have them all come.
We have been to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's and that has been great. We've really missed being able to shop there since we left California. But Tim was royally PO'd that all the TJs in Maryland don't sell Two Buck Chuck because they can't sell alcohol. It was almost ugly. So we're going to see if the ones in Virginia sell it.
When Tim and I got here we voted by absentee ballot in Florida so we won't be voting Tuesday. I put in my vote for Obama and if you want to know who Tim voted for then you'll just have to ask him. This article in Rolling Stone about McCain is interesting (not to try to sway anyone's vote ;)).
Also, those of you in Florida, make sure to vote NO on proposition 2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment